Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An actor or actress who is famous for playing leading roles in movies.‘she is one of the world's biggest movie stars’
- ‘Spending 90 minutes with three charming, sexy movie stars can be a joy or it can be a chore.’
- ‘His children, too, would much rather he stayed a movie star.’
- ‘No wonder movie stars are racking up the frequent flyer miles plugging their films around the world.’
- ‘Joan, you're the ultimate movie star.’
- ‘The last time I saw Danny Boyle, he was seated in a Berlin hotel room next to the world's biggest movie star.’
- ‘Hoffman & Pacino were actors first, movie stars second.’
- ‘Last year, Mirren said: "A weird thing happens to male actors, especially movie stars, in my experience."’
- ‘He's like an old-fashioned movie star to me.’
- ‘Former Brookside actress turned movie star Anna Friel has booked her mum Julie into a beauty parlour.’
- ‘There are also movie stars, like Julia Roberts, who mystify me.’
- ‘The Rock is almost a full-time movie star.’
- ‘You're going to be a movie star.’
- ‘They remained married for 50 years, a feat almost unrivalled among major movie stars.’
- ‘He was a movie star in the golden age Hollywood.’
- ‘There are no big movie stars, no beautiful sets.’
- ‘Instead of acting, my job was to be a hot young movie star.’
- ‘After all she is the girlfriend of a movie star.’
- ‘He has sat down with every major movie star in Hollywood.’
- ‘I couldn't get past the fact that I was talking to an A-list movie star.’
- ‘Call me Dame Elizabeth, or call me an ageing movie star.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.