One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person responsible for the financial and managerial aspects of making a film.‘he is one of the UK's most respected movie producers’
- ‘In the past he's lobbied for Disney and his son is a successful movie producer.’
- ‘But fortunately for Nicholas, his father was a big movie producer, and filthy rich.’
- ‘The last day job I had was working as an assistant for indie movie producer Donald P. Borchers.’
- ‘The festival is the biggest of its kind in the world and attracts thousands of entries from movie producers and film companies from all around the globe.’
- ‘The book has been bought by mega movie producers Warner Bros. and is in the early stages of production.’
- ‘The movie producers have had some early interest from a few actresses but they will do a formal casting call when the script is ready.’
- ‘Unsurprisingly, Simpson's book was optioned by many movie producers.’
- ‘Over the last few years the Manx isle has become a magnet for top movie producers.’
- ‘What's your background as a first-time movie producer?’
- ‘A collection of statistics about the production should amuse trivia buffs or would-be movie producers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.