One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who controls the making of a film and supervises the actors and technical crew.‘Giger's works influenced a generation of movie directors’
- ‘Gilliam is one of the most visually imaginative movie directors of his generation.’
- ‘Lumet left the popular series to pursue his own legendary career as a movie director.’
- ‘An interviewer in Rome once asked me who was my favourite movie director.’
- ‘She also worked with most top movie directors of her day, including Alfred Hitchcock.’
- ‘Hollywood's hottest new movie director is a 60-year-old veteran helmer of TV sitcoms.’
- ‘With women making up only 3 percent of all movie directors, here's your chance to get early exposure in the film industry.’
- ‘They think they are better than other people because of the movie directors they like, the food they eat, or the cars they drive.’
- ‘If I was a young, aspiring movie director I'd wish I'd get that kind of treatment from critics!’
- ‘On this night, Bell, a film buff, was seated next to a well-known movie director.’
- ‘BMW hired some of Hollywood's top action movie directorsto create short films featuring the company's cars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.