One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera used to film motion pictures.‘early movie cameras were cumbersome’
- ‘We have bought a digital movie camera which is to be lent out to community groups.’
- ‘One was pointing and giving directions and the other one was setting up a tripod with a movie camera on it.’
- ‘She is the latest of a number of Britart stars to turn to the movie camera.’
- ‘It was a debut of sorts for the Chief Minister, as he faced the movie camera.’
- ‘This system has been adapted for use in modern movie cameras.’
- ‘The poem moves swiftly from image to image, like a movie camera.’
- ‘He already had a 35mm photo camera and knew where to acquire an 8mm movie camera.’
- ‘Jones brought his 8mm home movie camera along and captured some incredible images.’
- ‘He thought of a solution to the problem of how to stabilize a hand-held movie camera in a hotel room.’
- ‘Raw stock and ponderous movie cameras may soon give way to digital tapes and high definition cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.