One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It seems possible that the series of mouthless, mask-like self-portraits in which Dali poses in a blue smock, undertaken beginning in 1923, might be based on African tribal sculpture.’
- ‘The painting is symbolic of the constant search for an identity by the woman, who remains mouthless in the entire series.’
- ‘Charles Hamilton Sorley, a Great War poet, once wrote an achingly poignant poem about the ‘millions of mouthless dead’ whose individual identity had been smothered by their ubiquity.’
- ‘His face was mouthless, unable to show emotions.’
- ‘And marching behind the mouthless cat came an endless stream of fuzzy animals, sugar-sweet fashions and girl singing groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.