Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The physical sensations in the mouth produced by a particular food.‘this Cabernet has a dense, tightly woven mouthfeel, with complex, chewy, and velvety tannins’
- ‘It was not nearly as good as a carrot that had really been simmered in broth and butter, but it was much more carroty than the plain carrot, with a certain brothy flavor and, again, a slightly rich mouthfeel.’
- ‘Its purpose is to establish a vocabulary for describing the sensations of astringency and mouthfeel in red wines.’
- ‘It's aged in Pedro Ximenez casks, and the color of the spirit is very deep mahogany, with a very smooth and viscous mouthfeel and texture and a very long finish.’
- ‘As a group, these fish are generally darker than pollock, and the proteins do not set into a gel with the same strength and chewy mouthfeel as do pollock proteins.’
- ‘Each product was judged double-blind by a panel of American Tasting Institute professional chefs on a variety of criteria including taste, aroma, freshness, mouthfeel and overall impression.’
- ‘The fat substitute olestra lends many low-cal snacks flavor and mouthfeel.’
- ‘Compositions and methods for manufacturing a skim or lowfat milk product with increased creaminess, color, mouthfeel, and taste sensations similar to milk with a higher fat content’
- ‘Spending extra on a bottle and nipples in order to get the correct mouthfeel and traces of rubber would be out of the question.’
- ‘A mouthful of nineteen botanicals (more than any other brand) gives it a complex flavor of fruit and spice and a generous mouthfeel.’
- ‘Its mouthfeel is soft, filled with citrus notes on the sweet side, but not overly so.’
- ‘This wine has a round mouthfeel but carries all this fruit and flowers on a firm backbone of acid.’
- ‘After distillation, the spirit undergoes micro-oxygenation, a technique frequently used to impart better mouthfeel to wines and, now, vodka.’
- ‘But to satisfy those who crave the texture and mouthfeel of a good steak, you need to develop something that mimics the texture of real meat.’
- ‘Fructose was added to eliminate aspartame aftertaste and to increase the creamy mouthfeel of the product.’
- ‘We Americans don't care how the cheese tastes so much as long as it gives us a good mouthfeel.’
- ‘Currently, the trend of using de-fatted cocoa powders in ice cream applications is fading and ice cream processors are beginning to re-introduce medium or higher-fat cocoa powders to realize a smoother mouthfeel.’
- ‘Milk protein has a smooth mouthfeel and high nutritive and biological values.’
- ‘There used to be just sweet and salty snacks, now they want sweet and salty crispy and smooth, different mouthfeels.’
- ‘The fineness of a cocoa powder affects both the flavor development and the mouthfeel of the finished product.’
- ‘The moist mouthfeel contributed by ground nuts is due less to liquid than it is to the fact that all nuts have a lot of oil in them, mostly about 50%, with macadamia nuts topping the list at around 74%.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.