One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of wine) sparkling.‘vin mousseux’
effervescent, fizzy, carbonated, aerated, gassy, bubbly, bubbling, fizzing, foaming, frothyView synonyms
- ‘Landron's Muscadets (bottled under the Domaine de la Louvetrie label) are stellar, and I did not know that we would be getting in a bit of Jo's vin mousseux as well.’
- ‘Villages where grapes for AOC Anjou mousseux are grown are marked.’
champagne, sparkling wineView synonyms
- ‘Yet just the other day I was charged a stunning 23 quid for a dreadful bottle of mousseux.’
- ‘We also received a complimentary bottle of mousseux that was very good.’
- ‘Saumur's most important wine (and France's most important mousseux) is Saumur Mousseux, a well-priced sparkling wine made from Chenin Blanc grapes with Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.’
From French, from mousse ‘froth’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.