Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A piece of rigid or slightly resilient material on which a computer mouse is moved.
- ‘Additionally, you can use an optical mouse on almost any surface, whereas a ball mouse needs a mouse pad in order for the rubberised ball to roll properly.’
- ‘This is something I personally like to see from a mouse pad, no graphical distractions.’
- ‘What this means is no more dust to clean and you no longer need a mouse pad according to the marketing people.’
- ‘His fingers move over the mouse pad and the keyboard for a few seconds and then he looks up with an excited, tense expression.’
- ‘If your mouse pad is battered from years of hard use, consider purchasing a new one.’
- ‘But the mouse is still sitting on the mouse pad.’
- ‘This is a HUGE mouse pad and like nothing we have ever seen before.’
- ‘The mouse pad is probably the most stagnant of all computer accessories.’
- ‘Whether it's a fabric or plastic mat, or even a piece of paper, most would say that a mouse pad is a mouse pad.’
- ‘Or perhaps you really should consider getting a more ideal mouse pad for fast-paced 3D games.’
- ‘She was repeatedly banging the mouse on the foam wrist-rest of the mouse pad, causing the pointer on the screen to stop half way down the monitor.’
- ‘At about $30, to some this may be somewhat high for a simple mouse pad, but is well worth it if you're truly into gaming.’
- ‘I don't think she even knew what the mouse pad was!’
- ‘To keep the mouse pad in place, there is a spray-on application which should help keep the mouse pad from moving on your desk.’
- ‘We manufacture high-tech mousing surfaces for serious computer users that demand more than just a simple mouse pad.’
- ‘I immediately placed the mouse pad on my desk and started using it.’
- ‘Furthermore, since its movement no longer depends on good contact, the mouse pad has become obsolete.’
- ‘It fits perfectly into the palm and can swiftly glide over a desktop mouse pad.’
- ‘This is the best mouse pad that we have ever used - it's big, smooth and expensive.’
- ‘I tested each mouse pad doing simple office tasks like Microsoft Excel, browsing the Web, graphics editing and writing articles such as this one.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.