One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chevrotain
- ‘It probably looked and moved something like the diminutive chevrotain, or mouse deer, of Asian forests.’
- ‘It is a mouse deer of the genius Tragulus, but mouse deer don't have antlers.’
- ‘These are the smallest of all artiodactyls; the smallest species, the lesser Malay mouse deer, is only 40 cm long - no bigger than a rabbit.’
- ‘The nearby sanctuary is home to the barking, the spotted and the mouse deer, the gaur, the civet cat, the tiger and the elephant, besides a variety of birds and reptiles.’
- ‘The stomach of the mouse deer is three chambered and these animals are ruminants.’
- ‘Here, he had seen a tiny mouse deer kick one of his hunting dogs while he himself was resting under a tree.’
- ‘Staff shortages mean that resources are stretched to protect this native species, as well as the Philippine crocodile, the Calamian deer and the Palawan mouse deer.’
- ‘Game birds and animals (especially mouse deer, barking deer, and sambar) are eaten in rural areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.