Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Pitchers' body language can tip off batters: some moundsmen's movements allow hitters to determine what type of offering is being thrown.’
- ‘Bonds homered against 57 different moundsmen in 2001 for his record total of 73.’
- ‘It takes a pretty good moundsman to shut down the likes of McGwire and Edmonds, but to do so at probably the most hitter friendly ballpark in baseball history, is quite an accomplishment.’
- ‘He will go down as one of the best left-handers in history and remains one of the best moundsmen on active duty.’
- ‘‘I've thanked him privately a thousand times and I'll thank him again publicly for all he did for us,’ stated fellow moundsman Bubba Church in his soft, Southern tones.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.