Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Pitchers' body language can tip off batters: some moundsmen's movements allow hitters to determine what type of offering is being thrown.’
- ‘He will go down as one of the best left-handers in history and remains one of the best moundsmen on active duty.’
- ‘‘I've thanked him privately a thousand times and I'll thank him again publicly for all he did for us,’ stated fellow moundsman Bubba Church in his soft, Southern tones.’
- ‘It takes a pretty good moundsman to shut down the likes of McGwire and Edmonds, but to do so at probably the most hitter friendly ballpark in baseball history, is quite an accomplishment.’
- ‘Bonds homered against 57 different moundsmen in 2001 for his record total of 73.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.