Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sport involving the racing of motor vehicles, especially cars and motorcycles.‘they claim drag racing is the most exciting motorsport’‘a first-rate motorsports facility’
- ‘Priority is given to applications which are considered most likely to improve safety or increase the number of active participants in motor sport.’
- ‘He also makes movies - as long as they don't interfere with his motor sport.’
- ‘Their determination to win, their creative approach to technology and their passion for motor sport make them perfect partners in this venture.’
- ‘People who are into F1 and motor sport may have heard of him recently though because he has just been snapped up by the Jordan-Honda F1 team.’
- ‘Three additional awards, to recognise outstanding contributions to motor sport, were presented during the Night of Champions.’
- ‘Rallying is central to our brand philosophy and we will continue to use motor sport to technically develop our production cars.’
- ‘We're not against that as long as the design freedoms remain open and Formula One remains the pinnacle of motor sport.’
- ‘But Formula One is the pinnacle of motor sport; it's extremely difficult to succeed here.’
- ‘Sebring, like the Le Mans 24 Hours, is an incredibly important race within motor sport.’
- ‘France won the Nations Cup - motor sport's equivalent of the World Cup.’
- ‘Many of these important historic racing cars are driven by famous faces from motor sport past and present.’
- ‘Therefore, we welcome all young journalists and photographers covering UK motor sport to enter.’
- ‘Their aim is a long-term career in motor sport.’
- ‘Coincidentally, Todt paid tribute to Mosley's achievements in the world of safety as one of the reasons why he deserves more respect from those in motor sport.’
- ‘He has a passion for motor sport and Formula One in particular.’
- ‘The chairman of Castle Combe Circuit, Howard Strawford, has been presented with a prestigious award for his services to motor sport.’
- ‘Local motor clubs throughout the UK face a threat from new government regulations forbidding the use of agricultural land for motor sport.’
- ‘Motor racing features heavily in my columns, mainly because motor sport has been my passion for over 50 years.’
- ‘I think Formula One at the moment is still the pinnacle of motor sport and that's what's made it very, very successful.’
- ‘Where motor sport is a bit different from other sports is that of course you can spend the money not only on your team as such, but vast sums purely on technology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.