One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat equipped with both sails and an engine.
- ‘Do you require a sailing yacht, a motor yacht or a motorsailer?’
- ‘He and his wife, Mel, live aboard their 53-foot motorsailer.’
- ‘But still, if I had a quarter for every instance this prevented something bad - really bad - from happening, I'd be sailing in my 60-foot motorsailer right now.’
- ‘Tom Neale and his wife, Mel, live aboard their 53-foot motorsailer and have cruised full-time for the last 25 years.’
- ‘His love of sailing began in dinghies off Dartmouth as a young man and culminated in first a motorsailer moored in Whitehaven harbour and latterly a shared yacht in Greece.’
- ‘Neale converted the aft quarter berth of his 53-foot Gulfstar motorsailer Chez Nous into an office and designed a space where his standard tower-type desktop computer fits into the bulkhead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.