One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity or sport of riding a motorcycle.
- ‘Her hobbies include motorcycling, hang gliding and cliff diving.’
- ‘I think it will help to ease congestion and make motorcycling safer.’
- ‘Double world motorcycling champion Barry Sheene attracted a whole new audience to the sport during his 1970s heyday.’
- ‘Other acts of anti-social behaviour reported to police in the town include off-road motorcycling, torching cars and slashing tyres.’
- ‘We try to promote responsible motorcycling.’
- ‘Non-stop track sessions and parades are the centrepiece of Europe's greatest carnival of classic motorcycling.’
- ‘He held down three jobs just to get enough money to continue his motorcycling career.’
- ‘Our aim is to help motorcyclists enjoy their motorcycling and arrive safely at their destinations.’
- ‘On the weekend I went on an overnight motorcycling trip to the Snowy Mountains.’
- ‘They have put up signs making it clear motorcycling is forbidden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.