Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A two-wheeled vehicle that is powered by a motor and has no pedals.
vehicle, means of transport, method of transportView synonyms
- ‘Glenn was a big fan of dancing, computers, motorcycles and roller skating.’
- ‘The couple shared a passion for motorcycles and were rarely apart, sharing a home in Helmsdale, Haydon Wick.’
- ‘Meanwhile, all horses, cars, motorcycles and bicycles have been requisitioned.’
- ‘Police lined the march routes and groups of police on motorcycles or bicycles frequently passed by.’
- ‘He said that while motorcycles were far safer now than before, the majority of crashes were down to rider error.’
- ‘These latest deaths bring the total killed in accidents involving motorcycles in the last month to eight.’
- ‘Goods purchased in this way include sofas, motorcycles and quad bikes.’
- ‘Thieves have already stolen two other motorcycles and even a car.’
- ‘By far the majority of vehicles on the roads here are motorcycles, not cars as in the west.’
- ‘Affordable financing is contributing to the skyrocketing demand for motorcycles.’
- ‘And his massive talent for riding motorcycles fast also earned him fame, fortune and happiness.’
- ‘Collecting classic motorcycles has taken off in recent years, with the value of many rapidly increasing.’
- ‘Frankie reminded me how Dad gave all of us rides on his motorcycles, a new one every other year.’
- ‘Men will buy magazines on fishing, motorcycles, DIY or any other technical subject you can imagine.’
- ‘Mopeds, motor scooters and motorcycles all offer the freedom of a car while using less fuel.’
- ‘There is a growing market for motorcycles and mopeds throughout the country.’
- ‘We looked up and saw lads at the side of the ground revving up their quad bikes and motorcycles.’
- ‘However in my experience, most accidents involving motorcycles involve other vehicles.’
- ‘He also said motorcycles and other motor vehicles would be banned from using the trail.’
- ‘Riding different types of motorcycles, the bikers will first set off for Shimla from Delhi.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.