Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A part of the central nervous system concerned with muscular action, especially the motor cortex.
- ‘A condition resulting from a developmental defect or damage to the brain occurring before birth (or in some cases during or shortly after birth), cerebral palsy affects the motor areas of the brain.’
- ‘Cerebral palsy is a term used to describe a group of chronic disorders caused by faulty early development of or damage to motor areas in the brain.’
- ‘Unlike most labs doing this type of research, Andersen's lab is looking at the planning areas of the brain rather than the primary motor area of the brain, because they believe the planning areas are less susceptible to damage.’
- ‘This effort engages the highest area of the brain, the cerebral cortex, particularly the motor areas of the cortex.’
- ‘This technique rapidly became a standard way of testing the integrity of the nerve pathway from the motor area of the cerebral cortex to the motoneurons in the spinal cord.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.