One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘All I could see was blood everywhere, with my father lying motionlessly on the floor, the greater part of his body covered in the ash from the fire.’
- ‘As I sat motionlessly on the bed, Vin walked in and closed the door behind him.’
- ‘Stunned, the woman stared at the floor motionlessly, unsure of what was to be asked of her.’
- ‘Chris stood there, quietly, staring motionlessly at the ground.’
- ‘But they gazed motionlessly at some far-away nothingness.’
- ‘I sit there motionlessly, hands on the steering wheel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.