Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process or technique of recording patterns of movement digitally, especially the recording of an actor's movements for the purpose of animating a digital character in a movie or video game.‘for the first time, Lara's movements are governed by motion capture rather than hand animation’as modifier ‘the film will be made using 3-D motion capture technology’
- ‘The cinematics are here to show off the seamless character models along with incredible lip-synch and motion capture.’
- ‘We didn't have time to do every single step, of course, but we did many of his basic movements through the motion capture.’
- ‘We did motion capture for 5 straight cold days out at a rink here in British Columbia.’
- ‘He didn't use any motion capture in order to create the CGI characters that appear in his own film.’
- ‘Why did you have him do his own motion capture?’
- ‘That would be very hard to do without motion capture.’
- ‘Unfortunately, many of the other characters do not move as smoothly, but seem to hearken back to the days before the use of motion capture.’
- ‘Animators, and particularly video game developers, rely on motion capture research because it can produce highly accurate and realistic movement results in a short amount of time.’
- ‘The animation and real motion capture is hardly breathtaking but far from appalling.’
- ‘A person in a motion capture suit would be hard pressed to perform an octopus.’
- ‘The motion capture was carried out in the Sports Science department of Dublin City University, where the dancers were fitted with 46 markers at key points on their bodies.’
- ‘Mafia's character modeling is done with motion capture and the facial expression system is impressive, although not flawless.’
- ‘It is one of the first computer games to use movie-style motion capture techniques rather than just computer-designed figures.’
- ‘He has a shortlist of martial arts experts who can imitate Lee's moves for his "motion capture" cameras.’
- ‘Does motion capture save time or money for game development?’
- ‘Faces can either be drawn using keyframe animation or by using motion capture, watching a live actor's face.’
- ‘The animations are also top notch and while there may be some motion capture used, it still appears to be 100% hand done.’
- ‘Motion capture techniques, similar to those used to create football video games, were used to record the ballet moves to animate the sugar plum fairies.’
- ‘I find the whole thing incredibly exciting, because I love computer animation and motion capture and the elves' gowns and chain mail.’
- ‘It is the first movie to use motion capture for its entire length.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.