One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tall strong-smelling plant of the mint family, with purplish-pink lipped flowers clustering close to the axils. It is used in herbal medicine, especially in the treatment of gynecological disorders.
Leonurus cardiaca, family Labiatae
- ‘Chewing insects can spread the disease from weeds as they feed, so be sure to remove all nearby pokeweed, nightshade, catnip, horsenettle and motherwort.’
- ‘Uterine-stimulating herbs, such as black cohosh, blue cohosh, achyranthes root, goldenseal, motherwort, wild ginger, and red raspberry leaf, have been used to induce labor.’
- ‘The herb motherwort seems to help, but is it safe?’
- ‘This has been shown to be effective for sedating high thyroid, especially when combined with motherwort.’
- ‘Combination products with dong quai, licorice root, burdock root, wild yam and motherwort have also been shown to decrease hot flashes, insomnia and mood swings.’
- ‘In his head, he made a catalog of what the tea would need - blackcurrant, chamomile, heather, hawthorn, lemon balm, motherwort, marjoram, passion flower, and St John's wort.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.