One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverb
- ‘She becomes, in relation to Nigel, a mother-like figure.’
- ‘That could have been followed by any number of mother-like observations: Such nice girls.’
- ‘‘Kerry?’ the tone of her voice sounded mother-like.’’
- ‘She could easily fake a very mother-like voice, and was always appointed with the job of calling their school and reporting their absences.’
- ‘Corrina walked with Aaron back to his room, tucked him under the sheets, and kissed his forehead in a very mother-like fashion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.