One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer or other device, with connectors into which other circuit boards can be slotted.
- ‘It is also a leader in motherboards, modems, scanners, computer mice and other peripherals.’
- ‘Only a few manufacturers have a motherboard with this chipset in their portfolios.’
- ‘As with all of the motherboards, they have done a good job with the general layout, but there are a few niggles that we will come to in due course.’
- ‘Let's take a look at how the motherboard is changing now and what lies in store in the near future.’
- ‘Once you get power and data to the hard drive, the next step is to connect it to the motherboard.’
- ‘At first glance the board doesn't appear too different from other motherboards on display.’
- ‘After all, most of the world's motherboards, components, and notebooks are made there.’
- ‘These connect from the motherboard to the front panel on the top corner of the case.’
- ‘It's no different really to the small pieces of wire or other minor modifications we see on motherboards or video cards from time to time.’
- ‘That's a less straightforward process for all its other machines, all of which have graphics on the motherboard.’
- ‘Additionally, there are also plans for integrated graphics chips on motherboards.’
- ‘Users will need to check with their specific motherboard's maker whether their boards use that part.’
- ‘Let's take a closer look at the components used, starting with the motherboard.’
- ‘For some years now, most motherboards have had an integrated audio driver.’
- ‘Not all video cards support this though, and not all motherboards do either.’
- ‘If the processor is built onto the motherboard, you may not be able to replace it at a later date.’
- ‘Users can access the motherboard by removing six screws and pulling off the back.’
- ‘I would assume that this was removed simply to save space, as it is supported by the chipset on the motherboard.’
- ‘So let us see how this motherboard performs compared to other motherboards and other video cards.’
- ‘So it sells resistors and other discrete components alongside hard drives and motherboards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.