Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer or other device, with connectors into which other circuit boards can be slotted.
- ‘Additionally, there are also plans for integrated graphics chips on motherboards.’
- ‘Let's take a closer look at the components used, starting with the motherboard.’
- ‘If the processor is built onto the motherboard, you may not be able to replace it at a later date.’
- ‘Let's take a look at how the motherboard is changing now and what lies in store in the near future.’
- ‘After all, most of the world's motherboards, components, and notebooks are made there.’
- ‘It is also a leader in motherboards, modems, scanners, computer mice and other peripherals.’
- ‘Not all video cards support this though, and not all motherboards do either.’
- ‘So it sells resistors and other discrete components alongside hard drives and motherboards.’
- ‘Users will need to check with their specific motherboard's maker whether their boards use that part.’
- ‘Users can access the motherboard by removing six screws and pulling off the back.’
- ‘As with all of the motherboards, they have done a good job with the general layout, but there are a few niggles that we will come to in due course.’
- ‘That's a less straightforward process for all its other machines, all of which have graphics on the motherboard.’
- ‘Only a few manufacturers have a motherboard with this chipset in their portfolios.’
- ‘So let us see how this motherboard performs compared to other motherboards and other video cards.’
- ‘These connect from the motherboard to the front panel on the top corner of the case.’
- ‘Once you get power and data to the hard drive, the next step is to connect it to the motherboard.’
- ‘It's no different really to the small pieces of wire or other minor modifications we see on motherboards or video cards from time to time.’
- ‘For some years now, most motherboards have had an integrated audio driver.’
- ‘At first glance the board doesn't appear too different from other motherboards on display.’
- ‘I would assume that this was removed simply to save space, as it is supported by the chipset on the motherboard.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.