One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A printed circuit board containing the principal components of a computer or other device, with connectors into which other circuit boards can be slotted.
- ‘If the processor is built onto the motherboard, you may not be able to replace it at a later date.’
- ‘I would assume that this was removed simply to save space, as it is supported by the chipset on the motherboard.’
- ‘That's a less straightforward process for all its other machines, all of which have graphics on the motherboard.’
- ‘So it sells resistors and other discrete components alongside hard drives and motherboards.’
- ‘Users can access the motherboard by removing six screws and pulling off the back.’
- ‘Let's take a closer look at the components used, starting with the motherboard.’
- ‘Not all video cards support this though, and not all motherboards do either.’
- ‘It's no different really to the small pieces of wire or other minor modifications we see on motherboards or video cards from time to time.’
- ‘For some years now, most motherboards have had an integrated audio driver.’
- ‘After all, most of the world's motherboards, components, and notebooks are made there.’
- ‘These connect from the motherboard to the front panel on the top corner of the case.’
- ‘As with all of the motherboards, they have done a good job with the general layout, but there are a few niggles that we will come to in due course.’
- ‘Let's take a look at how the motherboard is changing now and what lies in store in the near future.’
- ‘At first glance the board doesn't appear too different from other motherboards on display.’
- ‘Users will need to check with their specific motherboard's maker whether their boards use that part.’
- ‘It is also a leader in motherboards, modems, scanners, computer mice and other peripherals.’
- ‘Only a few manufacturers have a motherboard with this chipset in their portfolios.’
- ‘So let us see how this motherboard performs compared to other motherboards and other video cards.’
- ‘Additionally, there are also plans for integrated graphics chips on motherboards.’
- ‘Once you get power and data to the hard drive, the next step is to connect it to the motherboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.