One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bit in a binary number which is of the greatest numerical value.
- ‘In arithmetic shift right the sign bit (most significant bit) is shifted into the high-order bit.’
- ‘Reverse bit direction, most significant bit to least significant bit, is used to communicate data to display devices and in many data compression encoding methods.’
- ‘The second most significant bit is reserved and must be 0.’
- ‘Class B addresses use the first two octets to represent the network number, with the restriction that the two most significant bits of the first octet be 10.’
- ‘Specify the number of most significant bits to output in the number of bits parameter.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.