One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The bit in a binary number which is of the greatest numerical value.
- ‘The second most significant bit is reserved and must be 0.’
- ‘Class B addresses use the first two octets to represent the network number, with the restriction that the two most significant bits of the first octet be 10.’
- ‘Specify the number of most significant bits to output in the number of bits parameter.’
- ‘Reverse bit direction, most significant bit to least significant bit, is used to communicate data to display devices and in many data compression encoding methods.’
- ‘In arithmetic shift right the sign bit (most significant bit) is shifted into the high-order bit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.