Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The bit in a binary number that is of the greatest numerical value.
- ‘Reverse bit direction, most significant bit to least significant bit, is used to communicate data to display devices and in many data compression encoding methods.’
- ‘In arithmetic shift right the sign bit (most significant bit) is shifted into the high-order bit.’
- ‘Class B addresses use the first two octets to represent the network number, with the restriction that the two most significant bits of the first octet be 10.’
- ‘The second most significant bit is reserved and must be 0.’
- ‘Specify the number of most significant bits to output in the number of bits parameter.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.