The property or state of being composed of cells of two genetically different types.
- ‘High rates of structural instability have in fact been reported for palindromic transgenes in mice, where mitotic mosaicism and rearranged versions of the transgene have been detected in the progeny.’
- ‘We propose that both controls are general and do not constitute a novel ‘switch’ that enables sexual mosaicism in hermaphrodites.’
- ‘This results in female mosaicism for loci located in the differential chromosome region.’
- ‘This can be explained on the basis of germline or gonadal mosaicism.’
- ‘This mosaicism, Migeon explains, often gives women protection from genetic disease.’
- ‘Androgens could be implicated in the earlier death of males, but recent studies suggest that female mosaicism may enhance lifespan.’