Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of measuring the external shape and dimensions of landforms, living organisms, or other objects.
- ‘Several methods of geometric morphometry allow a quantitative approach to the morphology of the exoskeleton by the use of landmark configurations.’
- ‘Each basin maintains its individual character but varies in morphometry, water quality and bio-diversity.’
- ‘Our participants have been extensively characterised according to structural change, morphometry, hip pain, and risk factors for osteoarthritis and provide a significant resource for further molecular genetic studies.’
- ‘By morphometry, changes in cell and tissue structures can be expressed quantitatively.’
- ‘In future studies, the stress and strain distributions in the vessel will be computed and correlated with the morphometry of individual fibers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.