Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The process of measuring the external shape and dimensions of landforms, living organisms, or other objects.
- ‘By morphometry, changes in cell and tissue structures can be expressed quantitatively.’
- ‘Several methods of geometric morphometry allow a quantitative approach to the morphology of the exoskeleton by the use of landmark configurations.’
- ‘Our participants have been extensively characterised according to structural change, morphometry, hip pain, and risk factors for osteoarthritis and provide a significant resource for further molecular genetic studies.’
- ‘Each basin maintains its individual character but varies in morphometry, water quality and bio-diversity.’
- ‘In future studies, the stress and strain distributions in the vessel will be computed and correlated with the morphometry of individual fibers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.