One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The origin and development of morphological characteristics.
- ‘Light is important for plant growth and morphogenesis, affecting germination, seedling development, shade avoidance, flowering, and photosynthesis.’
- ‘Rapid progress has been made in the understanding of key genetic elements controlling plant morphogenesis during the past few years.’
- ‘Cell adhesion and cell separation are important in the morphogenesis and development of higher plants.’
- ‘While this process may be gradual in different cell types, certain cells undergo very rapid and complex morphogenesis.’
- ‘During morphogenesis at any developmental stage, all plant cells require modifications of the cell wall structure.’
The formation of landforms or other structures.
- ‘Function addresses the issue of how the structure was selected to perform one or several activities, while fabrication deals with the biophysical processes acting during the morphogenesis of the structure.’
- ‘But with the summer sun only 15° from overhead, and even the winter sun well above the horizon, how did mid-latitude periglacial morphogenesis work?’
Late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek morphē ‘form’ + genesis.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.