One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, simpleton, clodfool, oaf, nincompoop, clown, dunce, dolt, dullard, ignoramus, simpletonView synonyms
- ‘Change yourselves, you morons, and stop blaming your inadequacies on others.’
- ‘So, I say to these pathetic morons, if you have something to say, say it through the press or after the game.’
- ‘You people are the most messed up morons on the face of the Earth!’
- ‘Yeah, some of my best friends are morons, yet somehow I still don't seem to tolerate your stupidity.’
- ‘Speaking of idiots, Tom proves he is a moron with his comments on antidepressants.’
- ‘Those that are responsible for hiring her are certifiable morons who should also be fired.’
- ‘They laughed at us and we felt like morons - until they did the same thing about an hour later.’
- ‘Stupid moron, the chances of me falling for anyone at this party were one in twenty million.’
- ‘I bet that those on the receiving end of such behaviour don't mind whether the villains are dubbed cretins or morons.’
- ‘Adam's a damn fool, a moron for not realising what he could be throwing away.’
- ‘When these morons get it wrong, they invariably wreck innocent lives.’
- ‘Our park should be locked at 9pm and large metal fences put up to stop these morons from getting in.’
- ‘They should publicise the names and addresses of these morons so we can all point and laugh.’
- ‘Yes, this is a serious offense because school officials are complete and utter morons.’
- ‘I would laugh and tell her that there were any number of morons who could easily do what I was doing!’
- ‘They knew how to tackle the stage and make an impact without looking like morons.’
- ‘To treat the people as such morons is little short of contempt, but appears not to be resented.’
- ‘I will say to you if they don't appreciate you then they are morons.’
- ‘You have to battle through swathes of morons to reach your object, if, in fact, it's actually in the store.’
- ‘So quite why they sent an engineer to my parents house I'm at a loss, other than the obvious of them being a bunch of brain-dead morons.’
Early 20th century (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12): from Greek mōron, neuter of mōros ‘foolish’.
A city in eastern Argentina, southwest of Buenos Aires; population 327,600 (est. 2008).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.