One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid person.‘we can't let these thoughtless morons get away with mindless vandalism every weekend’
idiot, ass, halfwit, nincompoop, blockhead, buffoon, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, cretin, imbecile, dullard, simpleton, clodfool, oaf, nincompoop, clown, dunce, dolt, dullard, ignoramus, simpletonView synonyms
- ‘Stupid moron, the chances of me falling for anyone at this party were one in twenty million.’
- ‘To treat the people as such morons is little short of contempt, but appears not to be resented.’
- ‘I bet that those on the receiving end of such behaviour don't mind whether the villains are dubbed cretins or morons.’
- ‘You people are the most messed up morons on the face of the Earth!’
- ‘Yeah, some of my best friends are morons, yet somehow I still don't seem to tolerate your stupidity.’
- ‘So, I say to these pathetic morons, if you have something to say, say it through the press or after the game.’
- ‘They should publicise the names and addresses of these morons so we can all point and laugh.’
- ‘You have to battle through swathes of morons to reach your object, if, in fact, it's actually in the store.’
- ‘Those that are responsible for hiring her are certifiable morons who should also be fired.’
- ‘When these morons get it wrong, they invariably wreck innocent lives.’
- ‘Adam's a damn fool, a moron for not realising what he could be throwing away.’
- ‘Our park should be locked at 9pm and large metal fences put up to stop these morons from getting in.’
- ‘Change yourselves, you morons, and stop blaming your inadequacies on others.’
- ‘They laughed at us and we felt like morons - until they did the same thing about an hour later.’
- ‘I would laugh and tell her that there were any number of morons who could easily do what I was doing!’
- ‘I will say to you if they don't appreciate you then they are morons.’
- ‘Yes, this is a serious offense because school officials are complete and utter morons.’
- ‘So quite why they sent an engineer to my parents house I'm at a loss, other than the obvious of them being a bunch of brain-dead morons.’
- ‘Speaking of idiots, Tom proves he is a moron with his comments on antidepressants.’
- ‘They knew how to tackle the stage and make an impact without looking like morons.’
Early 20th century (as a medical term denoting an adult with a mental age of about 8–12): from Greek mōron, neuter of mōros ‘foolish’.
A city in eastern Argentina, southwest of Buenos Aires; population 327,600 (est. 2008).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.