One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fine flexible leather made (originally in Morocco) from goatskin tanned with sumac, used especially for book covers and shoes.‘a volume bound in red morocco’as modifier ‘morocco leather’
- ‘The Italian text was contained in a white morocco leather case bearing the Italian royal arms’
- ‘Hand-coloured, mounted and bound in red morocco with a cusped yellow leather border, the plates are prefaced by a manuscript dedication by Angelo to the Prince of Wales.’
- ‘On the table lay a large open roll of morocco leather, containing rows of elegant little instruments in steel and ivory.’
- ‘The prize for the original Open competition in 1860 had been a red morocco belt with silver clasps.’
- ‘Morocco leather was rarely used in England before 1600.’
A country in northwestern Africa, with coastlines on the Mediterranean Sea and Atlantic Ocean; population 34,400,000 (estimated 2015); capital, Rabat; languages, Arabic (official) and Berber.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.