One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contraceptive pill that is effective up to about seventy-two hours after intercourse.
- ‘Children who are under the age of legal consent can already get contraceptives and the morning-after pill from a doctors' surgery or family planning centre without their parents finding out.’
- ‘Girls as young as 12 will be able to get the morning-after pill from special sex clinics where they will be sent by school nurses.’
- ‘The morning-after pill has to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex to be effective in preventing pregnancy.’
- ‘To lower the teen pregnancy rate, we can start by providing free contraceptives and morning-after pills and access to unbiased sex education.’
- ‘‘My purpose is not to talk about the moral views of the morning-after pill, but the effect it has had on teenage pregnancy,’ he said.’
- ‘Pharmacies are to hand out free morning-after pills to under 16s in a bid to help stop an increase in teenage pregnancies.’
- ‘If taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse, the morning-after pill has been shown to reduce the risk of pregnancy by close to 90 percent.’
- ‘The statistics quite clearly show that high level use of the morning-after pill in Scotland has so far had no effect on overall teenage pregnancy levels or on total unwanted pregnancies.’
- ‘Sexual health clinics offering contraception and morning-after pills to pupils could be set up in rural schools as part of radical proposals to be unveiled by ministers this week.’
- ‘At present the morning-after pill is available free from GPs and family planning clinics.’
- ‘Over the last few years some pharmacists have refused to dispense morning-after pills.’
- ‘Groups opposed to the measure fear that women will be more careless about contraceptive use if they have easy access to the morning-after pill.’
- ‘Pharmacists also face a dilemma because the morning-after pill is only effective if it is taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.