One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At a continually increasing rate.‘vacancies were becoming more and more rare’
more and more, progressively, to an increasing extent, steadily more, continuously more, gradually more, growinglyView synonyms
- ‘However, it was a job he gradually grew to like more and more as the months passed by.’
- ‘Slowly she was able to hear more and more and is now as close to having full hearing as she will ever be.’
- ‘In an hour at two locations he managed to finish off two jobs that had been getting more and more behind.’
- ‘Usually they become more and more at ease, if you start asking questions about them.’
- ‘The police were coming around more and more and it was very unsettling for him.’
- ‘It was growing dark, and the fire from the pit showed more and more brightly every moment.’
- ‘Things are getting more and more like the States every day and it's a very sad turn of events.’
- ‘The prosecution service has been doing more and more with fewer and fewer resources.’
- ‘I'm getting into spirituality more and more and find it makes a lot of sense to me.’
- ‘I was feeling more and more out of place, but it was all making me laugh to myself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.