One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Sure, Eileen, whatever you want,’ I said mordantly.’
- ‘Moody and mordantly funny on the air, McEnroe has a restless mind that seems never to stop turning.’
- ‘When the songs are at their wittiest, they are sharply and mordantly so.’
- ‘In her 80s and as mordantly witty as ever, she published her 22nd novel, The Finishing School, earlier this year.’
- ‘She can be mordantly funny and exactingly precise in recounting her friends’ and her own credulity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.