One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When the songs are at their wittiest, they are sharply and mordantly so.’
- ‘In her 80s and as mordantly witty as ever, she published her 22nd novel, The Finishing School, earlier this year.’
- ‘She can be mordantly funny and exactingly precise in recounting her friends’ and her own credulity.’
- ‘‘Sure, Eileen, whatever you want,’ I said mordantly.’
- ‘Moody and mordantly funny on the air, McEnroe has a restless mind that seems never to stop turning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.