One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for measles
- ‘Measles (also called rubeola or morbilli) was once one of the most common childhood infections in North America.’
- ‘One virus of interest is morbilli, which can cause a measle-like, highly contagious illness in mammals.’
- ‘Biologists familiar with the morbilli virus say nothing can be done for animals once they are infected.’
- ‘Less obvious, however, are the deaths from morbilli of wild seals and porpoises in several parts of the world and the equine morbilli in Australia that has not only killed the horses infected, but two of their trainers besides.’
Mid 16th century: Latin, plural of morbillus ‘pustule’, from morbus ‘disease’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.