One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She is so mopily irritating that it is hard to care what happens to her.’
- ‘The kids are kicking around the house mopily, needing chores, but I haven't got much for them to do.’
- ‘These people barely look old enough to be in the room, and they're all dancing mopily with one another in a big, buzzy swarm.’
- ‘So I sat Dennis down a couple days ago and very mopily explained how overwhelmed I was.’
- ‘She mopily got out of the tub, wrapped herself in a towel, and announced she didn't feel much like a story tonight.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.