Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for baseboard
- ‘Upstairs the mopboards are plain and 4 to 5 inches high.’
- ‘Tall ceilings, hardwood floors, original wood mopboards, molding, and doors are abundant through out the main level.’
- ‘Casings and mopboards were milled on site from local pine.’
- ‘We will be picking out the moldings and mopboards tomorrow.’
- ‘When we'd beaten the rugs, scoured the plank floors, and polished the mopboards, Aunt Helga declared that it was time to rest.’
- ‘When Anderson was removing the mopboard from the south wall he found a leather sack containing about $2,000 in gold coins.’
- ‘Most homes have wood trim along the base of the wall known as baseboard or mopboard.’
- ‘We used 1/2’ sheetrock to cover the walls and took the time to put black mopboard all the way around.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.