One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pearly white semiprecious stone consisting of alkali feldspar.
- ‘More searching turned up golden slippers, and a hair net of pearls and moonstones, held on by a headpiece that looked like a combination between a circlet and a headband.’
- ‘She had only bought the necklace because it was said that moonstones inspire success in love and life, and that they relieve stress, and balance emotions, for new beginnings.’
- ‘In their day, pieces were decorated with enamels or semi-precious stones, and the jewellery adorned by amethysts, chrysoprase and moonstones and more - chosen for their artistic merits rather than value.’
- ‘And don't miss this place, where you can not only buy sapphires, rubies, moonstones, aquamarines and the rest, but you can also see where they are mined.’
- ‘Glittering topaz, shining emerald, synthetic sapphire and moonstone are some of the varieties, which attract the visitors.’
- ‘Opals and moonstones glimmer as they dangle from her bracelets and anklets.’
- ‘Daron took out a long sword made of strange metal of dark indigo and a few pieces in white moonstone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.