One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though the island's moonlike interior - pockmarked with lime and mudflats - makes for a startling contrast with the picturesque coastline.’
- ‘Because of the phosphate mining, all but the very edges of the island has been turned in to a desolate, moonlike setting.’
- ‘Irazu, Costa Rica's tallest volcano, and the closest to San José, is almost moonlike, its grey, barren landscape dotted with craters and devoid of plant life.’
- ‘The sun looked pale and moonlike, behind clouds, as in the picture.’
- ‘He describes how some areas were pitted with moonlike craters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.