One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Though the island's moonlike interior - pockmarked with lime and mudflats - makes for a startling contrast with the picturesque coastline.’
- ‘He describes how some areas were pitted with moonlike craters.’
- ‘Because of the phosphate mining, all but the very edges of the island has been turned in to a desolate, moonlike setting.’
- ‘The sun looked pale and moonlike, behind clouds, as in the picture.’
- ‘Irazu, Costa Rica's tallest volcano, and the closest to San José, is almost moonlike, its grey, barren landscape dotted with craters and devoid of plant life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.