One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
- ‘There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.’
- ‘My vet came out and checked him and seems to think that he may have ‘moon blindness’ and be very sensitive to light.’
- ‘Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.’
- ‘As an owner of a horse that has been diagnosed with moon blindness, I have always been looking for alternative treatments for his condition.’
- ‘From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.