One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
- ‘Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.’
- ‘There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.’
- ‘From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.’
- ‘My vet came out and checked him and seems to think that he may have ‘moon blindness’ and be very sensitive to light.’
- ‘As an owner of a horse that has been diagnosed with moon blindness, I have always been looking for alternative treatments for his condition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.