Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in horses) a recurrent inflammatory disease of the eyes, causing intermittent blindness.
- ‘There is indeed a disease colloquially known as moon blindness, but it only occurs in horses.’
- ‘Equine recurrent uveitis, also known as moon blindness, is the most common cause of blindness in this species.’
- ‘My vet came out and checked him and seems to think that he may have ‘moon blindness’ and be very sensitive to light.’
- ‘From time-to-time, horse owners and veterinarians see equine recurrent uveitis, also known as periodic ophthalmia or moon blindness, in horses.’
- ‘As an owner of a horse that has been diagnosed with moon blindness, I have always been looking for alternative treatments for his condition.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.