One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a round face.
- ‘At ten I was quite large because I had to take the injection they gave in those days for asthma, which made me a bit moon-faced.’
- ‘‘You have chosen quite a heavy title for such a young man, Traveller,’ said the moon-faced man.’
- ‘The tall, gawky, moon-faced 23-year-old Southerner in corduroy trousers had a lot in common with George.’
- ‘I mean, Lenora is a formerly chubby, moon-faced woman.’
- ‘The bar owner's moon-faced niece is in long white satin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.