One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stupid or incompetent person.‘if you don't want to look like every other mook you need a sartorial trademark’
- ‘I only hope we'll be lucky, and the marketing mooks and midriffs will learn this before it comes crashing down on all of our heads.’
- ‘Then kids watch those images and aspire to be that mook or midriff in the TV set.’
- ‘It is now the domain of those who are paid to write and the rest of us mooks are no longer relevant.’
- ‘Main characters are very cartoony; supporting characters, mooks and the like, are usually drawn quite realistically - and look more like Westerners.’
- ‘I should have voted for the guy, he thought, knowing full well that the current president's former opponent had been a complete mook.’
- ‘I was secretly longing for a bunch of mooks to jump around the stage again.’
1930s: of uncertain origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.