One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Diarrhea suffered by travelers, especially visitors to Mexico.
- ‘‘Americans don't have to be afraid of Montezuma's revenge from our kitchen,’ Dr. Rique says.’
- ‘Many traveler's diseases are a nuisance like Montezuma's revenge, but some can be fatal, such as malaria, yellow fever, AIDS, and meningitis.’
- ‘‘Maybe we'll get lucky- and Matt will too for that matter- and they'll get a raging case of Montezuma's revenge and end up stuck in the hotel for the week,’ he joked.’
- ‘Any casual guest would have thought we were all suffering from Montezuma's revenge after a spicy South American supper.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the next few days produced the Middle Eastern equivalent of Montezuma's revenge.’
Montezuma's revenge/ˌmän(t)əˈzo͞oməz rəˈvenj/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.