One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kind of cheese resembling Cheddar.
- ‘The new Grilled Vegetable flavor offers a blend of vegetables and mozzarella cheese; the Salsa features tomatoes, green peppers and Monterey Jack cheese; and the Roasted Onion flavor is purely vegan.’
- ‘She sighed to herself and undid the green wrapping that encased her bagel, turkey, and Monterey Jack cheese sandwich.’
- ‘The chef mixes shrimp and crab with Jack cheese, white wine and a touch of cilantro, then finishes the dish with a mayonnaise.’
- ‘I liked the Texas burger, made with Monterey Jack cheese and BBQ sauce.’
- ‘Add corn and Monterey Jack cheese, blending well.’
- ‘But I did have a sample of a farmhouse Monterey Jack cheese flavored with the California pollen and found it surprisingly good, so I'm keeping an open mind.’
- ‘Or make them Mexican by mashing them, adding Monterey Jack cheese and diced jalapeño, and serving in flour tortillas.’
- ‘Spanish rice, beans, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, sour cream and salsa are wrapped in a twelve inch flour tortilla to make a hefty meal.’
- ‘I vary the meal by using different types of tortillas, such as sun-dried tomato, or adding fat-free pepper Jack cheese.’
- ‘It plays a smothering defense with a tortilla wrap that is covered with melted Monterey Jack cheese.’
From the name of Monterey County, California, where it was first made; the origin of Jack is unknown.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.