One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Montana or its inhabitants.‘a Montanan winter’
- ‘They are outraged at the idea of digging up the Montanan plain.’
- ‘The three families need to stockpile enough food, shelter, and firewood to last a Montanan winter.’
- ‘Thirty-one writers appear, most of them by Montanan residents.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Montana.‘a successful entrepreneur and pioneer Montanan’
- ‘He went to Dartmouth, where his editor on the college humor magazine was a young Montanan.’
- ‘Being comfortable with the outdoors is really important if you want to be a Montanan.’
- ‘The even-tempered Montanan is conducting painstaking, closed-door negotiations.’
- ‘He is best known as a successful entrepreneur and pioneer Montanan.’
- ‘If you're a Montanan, you should definitely vote for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.