One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘All that they require, by the way, is a belief in a Supreme Being - a monotheist god or absolute reality.’
- ‘As staunch monotheists, for example, they saw the entire universe as the seamless work of God.’
- ‘Moderns have imagined him a monotheist, but he seems rather to have preached a harmonious polytheism, without conflict among the gods.’
- ‘These two views are the result of the shift toward the monotheist belief that Aten is the sole god in the cosmos.’
- ‘One of the most poignant stories of the Torah tells us about Abraham, the first monotheist, and his relationship with God.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.