One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘As staunch monotheists, for example, they saw the entire universe as the seamless work of God.’
- ‘These two views are the result of the shift toward the monotheist belief that Aten is the sole god in the cosmos.’
- ‘One of the most poignant stories of the Torah tells us about Abraham, the first monotheist, and his relationship with God.’
- ‘All that they require, by the way, is a belief in a Supreme Being - a monotheist god or absolute reality.’
- ‘Moderns have imagined him a monotheist, but he seems rather to have preached a harmonious polytheism, without conflict among the gods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.