One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I responded monosyllabically that yes I would come and talk to him and that was fine.’
- ‘Sadly, this monosyllabically narrated featurette adds nothing to one's insight of the film.’
- ‘Quiet and shy, he looks down while he mumbles his answers, monosyllabically, to questions about the approaching formula one season.’
- ‘My head feels like its going to explode as I sit through the two important meetings I had yesterday, monosyllabically trying to make contributions.’
- ‘This emotional tailspin lasted all the way through Sunday, rendering me monosyllabically uncommunicative for the entire duration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.