One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An unpaired (usually X) chromosome in a diploid chromosome complement.
- ‘This shoulder peak disappears if extracts are centrifuged under conditions that dissociate monosomes and polysomes into free 40S and 60S subunits.’
- ‘Thirty-four monosomes and telosomes, representing 18 of the 26 chromosomes, were used in combination with six mutants that were associated with nine loci.’
- ‘The J21A minichromosome is transmitted to only 27% of the progeny in a monosome transmission assay, corresponding to half the frequency observed for a normal monosome.’
- ‘Fractions from the lower density region of the gradient include ribosomal subunits, 80 S monosomes and mRNP complexes.’
- ‘RSLs are lines in which a chromosome pair is replaced by a recombined monosome (monosomic RSL) or disome (disomic RSL).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.