One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of the class of sugars (e.g., glucose) that cannot be hydrolyzed to give a simpler sugar.
- ‘Fructose, either as a monosaccharide or in sucrose, was also found to decrease the negative effects of ethanol in rats.’
- ‘Simple sugars, the monosaccharides and disaccharides, are very easy for human bodies to use as a source of energy.’
- ‘The difference can be connected with the structural properties of the glucose and mannitol molecules, as the mannitol is a polyhydric alcohol, whereas the glucose is a monosaccharide.’
- ‘In the digestive track carbohydrates are converted to monosaccharides, mostly glucose and fructose.’
- ‘Low survival was obtained after drying protoplasts with monosaccharides and pure raffinose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.