One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Having concerned himself with Arianism and Monophysitism, the matter of the Donatist controversy was brought to his attention by his friend Robert Williams.’
- ‘There is here neither Monophysitism nor Nestorianism, but an unconfused and undivided union of the church with the world.’
- ‘New loyalties and new interests were reflected in a bitter religious dispute between Monophysitism - strong in Egypt and Syria - and the imperial orthodox doctrine.’
- ‘Just as Newman felt liberal politics was out to use the church for political expediency, he also saw this as an element of Monophysitism.’
- ‘Newman's foray into Monophysitism, still operating from the hermeneutic established in his work on Arianism, helped to pave the way for his conversion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.