One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a group of organisms) descended from a common evolutionary ancestor or ancestral group, especially one not shared with any other group.
- ‘We extended the analysis to the five cowbird species that conform a monophyletic group in the phylogeny.’
- ‘Taxa names represent monophyletic groups of viruses with similar coding capacities.’
- ‘Most of the traditionally recognized subgenera of Anchusa are also supported as monophyletic groups by both nuclear and plastid sequence data.’
- ‘Given two monophyletic groups of taxa, the site patterns found in an alignment of sequences can be described in terms of five classes.’
- ‘The tree topology showed that the endosymbiotic species formed a well-supported monophyletic group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.