One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cell) having one nucleus.
- ‘The nuclei of these mononuclear cells are round to oval with ill-defined cytoplasmic margins.’
- ‘The biopsy specimen obtained in June 1988, revealed an almost identical cellular pattern, with most cells being mononuclear in form.’
- ‘The mice developed extensive eosinophil and mononuclear cell inflammation, goblet cell hyperplasia, and mucus occlusion of the airways.’
- ‘By implanting the bone marrow mononuclear cells, we deliver endothelial progenitor cells and vascular growth factors at the same time.’
- ‘Occasional large zones of pink hyaline material surrounded and entrapped groups of the mononuclear and multinuclear histiocytes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.