One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A molecule that can be bonded to other identical molecules to form a polymer.
- ‘It is produced through a free radical polymerization reaction of styrene monomers.’
- ‘Addition polymerization reactions use free radical monomers to produce polymers.’
- ‘Sodium polyacrylate is a polymer containing many acrylate monomers connected end-to-end in a large chain.’
- ‘The monomer, ethene or ethylene, is obtained in large quantities from the cracking of petroleum.’
- ‘What Blackmond realised was that it was the dimers, not the monomers, that were catalytically active, and only the heterochiral dimer was not active.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.