One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A layer one molecule thick.
- ‘Insertion of the same number of extra molecules into distal monolayers did not result in any inhibition of bilayer fusion.’
- ‘Highly structured water molecules occur in the monolayer adjacent to hydrophobic domains of intracellular solutes.’
- ‘In contrast, the hydration of the major groove was found to be mainly confined to a monolayer of water molecules.’
- ‘This occurs because the strong interactions of PA molecules with the peptides can pull PA molecules out of the monolayers.’
- ‘The immiscible behavior between the film-forming molecules in the mixed monolayer was determined according to the surface phase rule.’
- 1.1Biology Medicine A cell culture in a layer one cell thick.
- ‘The cells in the two unstained wells of each specimen were processed for a second blind passage of culture on fresh McCoy cell monolayers.’
- ‘Endothelial cell stretch has been examined previously using innovative in vitro systems applying mechanical stretch of confluent endothelial cell monolayers.’
- ‘A monolayer of cells is then placed on the glass slide for staining and manual screening.’
- ‘When the cells formed monolayers, they were subcultured and experiments were carried out.’
- ‘Organisms at all stages of development could be seen at 96 hours postinfection of culture monolayers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.