One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat with only one hull, as opposed to a catamaran or multihull.
- ‘Ten young drivers from local disadvantaged communities also took the waters for powerboat development races in monohulls powered by 15 hp engines.’
- ‘The crew hopes that in 2005, the 140 ft schooner will become the first single-hulled yacht, or monohull, to cover the distance in less than 80 days.’
- ‘You need to charter catamarans, not monohulls, to explore these incredible seas.’
- ‘Capsizing a multihull is not like rolling over in a monohull, whose keel usually causes it to roll upright again.’
- ‘Whether single-screw, twin-screw, tugboat, catamaran, or classic monohull, the boats are tough oceangoing vessels that chug along for long distances.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.